Have you found that your local barista knows you by name when you order your “regular”? Coffee is something that gives people productivity and positivity, so why wouldn’t coffee lovers continue buying it? Well, when they see their Starbuck’s expenditures each month, they may realize just how much is going towards this coffee addiction. Here are some money saving tips that will allow you to save your wallet, but they may cause you to lose your barista bestie.
Invest In Aeropress
• The first money saving tip is to invest in a home machine.
• Although it may not “taste the same” as your favorite coffee shop, you can get pretty darn close.
• The Aeropress is an espresso maker that is moderately sized; a small cylinder that compress. Most stores sell this product for $29.95.
• It is a very reliable appliance because it is made of thick plastic, as opposed to glass, that is more likely to shatter.
• In just one minute, you can enjoy your favorite espresso. The actual brew time is about 20 seconds.
• This appliance allows you to feel like your very own barista scientist: you can play around with coffee ground size, coffee and water mix, and the temperature of the water.
• Do you ever get to the bottom of a coffee pot and realize you don’t have enough for a full cup, so you just toss it? Stop!
• Any easy money saving tip is to take this left over coffee and pour it into an ice cube tray. Place it in the freezer.
• These are the perfect way to ice down your coffee without watering it down because it is already made of the same contents!
• Perhaps you’ve made your coffee too hot; pop a couple coffee cubes in to cool down your favorite drink!
• If you are buying the most expensive beans and having to restock each week, are you really saving that much money by brewing at home? The answer is, probably not.
• A simple money saving tip is to visit Costco. They have great deals for buying beans in bulk.
• Check out this quick search on Costco’s website for buying large amounts of coffee.
• If you have friends who share their love for coffee, consider splitting the costs with them.
• Cheap beans won’t taste good, but expensive beans won’t feel good for your bank account.
• Find a good balance!
Coffee On The Go
• One of the most frustrating things about brewing home coffee is that it might be cold by the time you actually sit down at your desk and get ready to drink it.
• There are a couple money saving tips you practice to keep your wallet on track for loving your coffee.
• Buy a mug that not only keeps the coffee hot, but also prevents you from spilling it on yourself while en route.
• Consider waiting to make your coffee until you get to the office. If your office has its own pot or uses K-cups, it may be wise to just wait to drink it, so it’s fresh when you’re actually ready to drink it.
• There are mugs that are so destined to keep your coffee warm that they use vacuum preserving technology that keeps your drink warm for hours.
• Some mugs can literally keep your coffee warm for the entire workday. Although this is not recommended for dental purposes, it is still a money saving tip that will prevent you from making an extra trip to your local coffee shop.
• For those of you who just have to buy from the manufacturer, there are some money saving tips for you, too.
• There are plenty of large, chain coffee shops and restaurants that offer incentives for frequent buyers.
• By using discounted gift cards through websites like GiftCardLab, CardCash, or CardPool, you are still spending money, but you will get more bangs for your buck.
• Not interested in buying rewards programs? Ask for gift cards for holidays, birthdays, or anniversaries.
• The best money saving tip is to stop drinking coffee altogether. Although this sounds difficult, it is possible. Not only will your wallet benefit, but your health as well.
• Drink a cold glass of water as soon as you wake up. This is said to wake you up more than a cup of coffee. If you still must have coffee, hydrate your body first with a glass of water.
• Consider drinking smaller portions of energy drinks like “5 Hour Energy” shots. These, although pricey, can be better for you because you are less likely to take two of these than you are to drink two cups of coffee.
• Sleep more. If you get more sleep at night, you won’t have the constant feeling of needing to wake up.
[…] [Read: A Coffee Addict’s Money Saving Tips] […]